Universal Control and Safety Device UCMI
The universal control and protection device type UCMI (Universal Control and Measurement Instrument) protects against the effects of insulation depletion in non-grounded AC power networks with a rated voltage of up to 1140 V, 50 Hz, including mine networks powering mining devices in flameproof enclosures.
The electrical system of the universal control and protection device UCMI consists of:
- central leakage protection,
- blocking leakage protections,
- two intrinsically safe isolated control circuits with which the circuit breaker can be tripped and blocked,
- system for measuring voltage (the value of the measured voltage is displayed on the liquid crystal display in the line below the indicated resistance value),
- current measuring system (the value of the measured current is displayed on the liquid crystal display in the line below the indicated resistance value),
- temperature measuring system (the measured temperature value is displayed on the liquid crystal display in the line below the indicated resistance value),
- the system enabling adaptation of the UCMI device to 230 V, 500 V and 1000 V networks. The task of the leakage interlocking protection is to measure the resistance of the network section disconnected from the voltage and if the resistance drops below the value given in the table, it is not allowed to apply voltage to the controlled section of the network . The current of the measuring circuit of the blocking relay flowing through the resistance of the earth insulation causes a voltage drop on the measuring resistor, which signal through separation controls the operation of the electromechanical relay PB. The PB relay has contacts accessible on terminals , , . Central leakage protection ensures continuous measurement of the insulation resistance Riz in all phases of the live electrical network. In the event that the insulation resistance drops below the value specified in the table, the UCMI device disconnects the network from voltage. It will be possible to re-energize the controlled section of the network when the insulation resistance of this section rises above the interlock protection return. The central module of the protection is equipped with a PC executive relay, the contacts of which are available on terminals No. , , . Izol-Plast.
- The universal control and protection device UCMI can be used in power supply stations for frequency converters. In addition, the UCMI device controls IT networks in the frequency range of 0.2 – 60 Hz.
|Supply voltage:||230 V +15%/-20%, 50 Hz|
|Type of work:||continuous|
|Power consumption:||18 VA|
|The degree of protection of the housing:||IP 40 / IP 54|
|External dimensions:||420 x 240 x 190 mm|
|Contact load:||3 A / 230 V|
Setting resistances of the CC unit of the UCMI device:
|UN secured network||Setting resistance of the central module CC depending on the failure|
|230 V||7 kΩ +20% symmetrical|
|7 kΩ +20% single-phase|
|400 V, 500 V||15 kΩ +20% symmetrical|
|15 kΩ +20% single-phase|
|1000 V, 1140 V||30 kΩ +20% symmetrical|
|30 kΩ +20% single-phase|
Parameters of the measurement circuit of the CC unit of the UCMI device:
|Rated measuring voltage||115 V direct current|
|Short circuit current||1,9 mA|
|Measuring circuit impedance at freq. 50 Hz||31 kΩ + 30%|
|Number and type of PC executive output contacts||2 changeover contacts|
The activation time of the CC module of the UCMI device:
|UN secured network||The activation time of the CC module of the UCMI device|
|230 V||max 100 ms|
|400 V, 500 V||max 100 ms|
|1000 V, 1140 V||max 70 ms|
The setting resistances of the blocking element CB of the UCMI device:
|UN secured network||Setting resistances of the blocking element CB|
|230 V||15 kΩ +20%|
|400 V, 500 V||25 kΩ +20%|
|1000 V, 1140 V||50 kΩ +20%|
Parameters of the measurement circuit of the blocking element CB of the UCMI device:
|Measuring voltage||16 V ±5% direct current|
|Short-circuit current of the measuring system||0,45 mA ±5%|
|Output voltage of the measuring system||Uo = 17 V|
Data on terminals  and :
|Output voltage of the measuring circuit||Uo max = 18,9 V|
|Output voltage of the measuring circuit||Io max = 0,60 mA|
|Output capacity of the measuring circuit||Co max = 5 υF|
|Output inductance of the measuring circuit||Lo max = 600 H|
|A feature of the intrinsic safety of the circuit||non-ignition circuit|
|Number and type of PB actuator output contacts||1 changeover contact|
Output parameters of intrinsically safe circuits of interlocks 1 and 2:
|Terminals [X17] and [X18] and [X19] and [X20] intrinsically safe level ib:||U0 = ±11,7 V|
|I0 = ±16,6 mA|
|P0 = 48 mW|
|Li = 0 H|
|Ci = 0 F|
|L0 = 0,65 H|
|C0 = 5 μF|
The steel housing, consisting of a base and a removable cover, is protected with anti-corrosive coatings.
On the cover there is a sight glass for observing the liquid crystal display and a red diode signaling the exceeded temperature. Below is the “Delete” button and the “Attempt” button. Cable entry into the device is possible through cable inlets. One of the inlets (blue color) is adapted to introduce intrinsically safe circuits.
UCMI device casing can be made in two versions of protection class (IP):
- version for installation in flameproof enclosures (IP40),
- version for installation in devices of ordinary construction(IP54).
Additionally, each version of the housing can be made in two types of mounting bolt spacing:
- type 1 – adapted for mounting in apparatus chambers of mobile transformer stations,
- type 2 – adapted to be mounted in other devices, including flameproof.
The universal control and protection device UCMI (Universal Control and Measurement Instrument) protects against the effects of insulation deterioration in non-grounded AC power networks with a rated voltage of up to 1140 V, 50 Hz, including mine networks supplying mining equipment in flameproof enclosures.
The UCMI universal control and protection device has received a positive opinion for use in transformer stations supplying frequency converters, therefore it can be used in renovated transformer stations of the following types: IT3Sb, IT3Sc, IT3Sd, IT3SF-2 ITe, ITp in exchange for the current leakage protection. UCMI type device, after installation in transformer stations in accordance with the Technical Data Sheet, built by an employee of the IZOL-PLAST company, does not reduce the explosion safety level of the station and the stations may retain the existing approval feature.
After installing the UCMI device, the transformer station is additionally marked with a repair plant repair plate with the date and number of the repair, as well as the type and serial number of the transformer station. Additionally, after completing and checking the installation of the UCMI device, it is noted in the documents of the transformer station.
Flameproof and non-flameproof transformer stations where the universal control and protection device UCMI is to be used:
- IT3Sb 315/6, IT3Sb 315/6N, IT3Sb 315/6/Z, IT3Sb 400/6/1, IT3Sb 400/6/1N, IT3Sb 400/6/BM, IT3Sb 400/6/1/BM, IT3Sb 630/6/1,
- IT3Sd 315/6/Z, IT3Sd 400/6, IT3Sd 400/6N, IT3Sd 400/6/1, IT3Sd 400/6/1N, IT3Sd 400/6/Z, IT3Sd 400/6/1/Z, IT3Sd 500/6, IT3Sd 630/6, IT3Sd 630/6/1,
- IT3Sc 400/6, IT3Sc 400/6/1, IT3Sc 500/6, IT3Sc 630/6/1, IT3Sc 400/6/MR, IT3Sc 400/6/1/MR, IT3Sc 630/6/1/MR,
- series ITe,
- series ITp.
Universal control and protection device with ATEX certificate FTZÚ 08ATEX0037X of 15.05.2013. issued by Fyzikálně technický zkušební ústav FTZÚ Ostrava, and positive opinion no. OBAC / 174 / TE / 08 issued by the Center for Testing, Attestation and Certification OBAC Gliwice, was subjected to additional tests in the field of EMC standards to check the possibility of control networks supplied from transformers supplying frequency converters with voltage of 525 V or 1050 V and with powers of 400 kVA, 500 kVA, 630 kVA.
After research and positive feedback:
– Center for Testing, Certification and Attestation OBAC in Gliwice, no. OBAC / 487 / TE / 09 ,
– Institute of Telecommunications in Wrocław, Department of Electromagnetic Compatibility, No. & nbsp; Z21 / 21400939/10 , the use of the universal control and protection device UCMI was extended to include the possibility of controlling the power supply networks of frequency converters.
An insulation monitoring device in networks with an insulated neutral, installed on the power supply of the frequency converter, controls the entire network of the frequency converter, including the outlet and the supply facility.
The insulation condition monitoring device must therefore detect a decrease in the insulation condition as well as earth faults in the entire outgoing network from a given transformer and switch them off in accordance with PN-HD 60364-4-41: 2009.
On 15.05.2013 the UCMI universal control and protection device received the EC-type examination certificate: FTZU 08ATEX0037X issued by the Physical-Technical Testing Institute (Fyzikálne technickz zkusebni ustav, sp), Notified Body No. 1026 in accordance with Article 9 of Council Directive 94/9 / EC of 23 March 1994, certifies that the above-mentioned device or protective system has been checked for compliance with the basic safety and health requirements for the project, the structure of the equipment and protective system intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres, which are given in Annex II to this Directive.
Based on the Technical Opinion No. OBAC / 478 / TE / 09 of 18.03.2010 of the OBAC Attestation and Certification Center (Annex 1 to the opinion OBAC / 174 / TE / 08 of June 2008) and an additional EMC test report No.Z21 / 21400939/1325/10 of 19.01.2010. Of the National Institute of Telecommunications – National Research Institute in Wrocław, the scope of application of the UCMI device has been extended.
The universal control and protection device UCMI can be used in power supply stations for frequency converters.
The basic requirements of safety and health protection were implemented by meeting the requirements of the standards:
- PN-EN 60079-0:2013
- PN-EN 60079-11:2012
The universal control and protection device of the UCMI type is marked with:
I (M2) [Ex ib Mb] I
Download the catalog card: